Redwood Coast Senior Center is moving in a positive direction under the guidance of its revitalized board of directors.
While occasionally digressing to bring the new board members up to date on current operations, the meeting was marked by a congenial and collaborative atmosphere.
- Meeting minutes will now be available on the website soon after the meeting. Board members will review and pass the minutes electronically.
- Redwood Coast Senior Center has a $25,000 net surplus in its budget for the 2013/14 fiscal year.
- Steve Jordan has been hired as the Program Director/Administrative Assistant and will relieve Executive Director Charles Bush of some overwhelming responsibilities.
- Granny’s Attic sales are up by 50% this fiscal year.
- Many plans are underway to improve and streamline operations including:
- Dining room staff training
- Increasing meals on wheels donations
- Adding new meal options
- Streamlining records and reports
- Improving website information
- Developing a newsletter
- Purchasing a new bus with grant monies
- Improving the facility appearance with a $50,000 donation.
- An ad hoc committee is reviewing facility usage fees.
- The Governance Committee will begin to research the options and do a benefit analysis on the issue of whether or not Redwood Coast Senior Center Board should be elected by a membership organization.
The next board meeting will be held February 4th 2014.