Mendocino County Deserves Great Cannabis Policy!
This is the moment! Signatures approved by the County!
Thank you to everyone who signed our petition to get the Mendocino Heritage Initiative on the ballot. Our petition signatures were verified and on Tuesday, August 2nd the Mendocino Heritage Initiative https://heritageinitiative.com/about/ will go before the board to be approved for the November ballot. We are taking things one step further by asking the board to consider adopting the MHI as the county’s new Cannabis Ordinance. We believe that our initiative offers the most efficient and responsive path toward a safer, regulated cannabis industry.
What the Heritage Act will do for the people of Mendocino:
- The Mendocino Heritage Act will serve as a crucial bridge policy to bring Mendocino County into alignment with the provisions of the state’s MMRSA policy.
- It immediately introduces comprehensive oversight for all aspects of the cannabis industry including cultivation, nurseries, manufacturing, testing, processing, distribution, transportation and dispensary operations.
- The Heritage Act protects small farmers and guarantees that permits will be available for cultivation for the 2017 season, ensuring environmental oversight and helping to curb unregulated activity.
- Endorsements for the MHA:
- The Small Farmers Association
- California Growers Association
- Mendocino Cannabis Industry Association.
These organizations have all officially endorsed the Heritage Initiative. It’s not too late to sign CGA’s petition (http:// https://mendo-emeraldgrowers.nationbuilder.com/petition) asking the Mendocino Board of Supervisors to adopt the Heritage Initiative now!
Thank you for your continued support.
Together we will create a bright future for Mendocino’s cannabis industry. Sarah Bodnar Campaign Manager Mendocino Heritage Initiative of 2016.
Important Meeting on August 2nd – Please Join Us!
On August 2 nd the County Board of Supervisors will meet to discuss the Heritage Initiative. It is vital that we fill the room with constituents that day. Join us in showing the board that our citizen’s initiative is the best way forward! We recommend that you arrive at 9 am, as the MHI may be discussed as part of the consent calendar.
Additionally, there are two other cannabis related items on the Board agenda – the County’s Cannabis Tax Measure and their 2017 Cultivation Ordinance. We urge you to voice your opinions on these issues too. We have attached the full agenda for Tuesday to this newsletter, as well as a draft of the County’s Medical Cannabis Cultivation Compliance program.