A panel discussion moderated by Mendocino County’s Health and Human Services Agency Chief Operating Officer, Anne Molgaard, featuring:
- Ruth Valenzuela, representing Assembly-member Jim Wood, who has introduced legislation to regulate opioid prescription practices
- Marshall Kubota, MD, Regional Medical Director of Partnership Health Plan, the administrator for MediCal in Mendocino County
- Dr. Robin Serrahn, pain management specialist at Fort Bragg’s Mendocino Coast District Hospital
- Kyree Klimist, MA, Chair of Safe Rx Mendocino
- Carla Leach, Mendocino County Youth Project who hears about opioid use from the middle and high school students she counsels
- Lieutenant Charles Gilchrist, Fort Bragg Police Department whose officers see the connection between opioids and criminal activity
Mendocino TV applauds this initial meeting of some of the agencies and government personnel who were involved in addressing opiod addiction today. We will keep our audience informed as these group rolls up their sleeves and tackles the difficult task of regulating access to opioid pain relievers and still humanely address the chronic pain that comes with age, injury and disease.