Families Belong Together
The Coastal Community gathers to express their outrage over the Trump Administration’s policies towards families from other countries seeking asylum!
“This is the reaction to America’s new concentration camp system. Latino’s have become the new victims of bigotry and xenophobia. Kidnapping, which is a violation of every law, domestic and international, is what this policy of the Trump Judiciary, not law, represents.”
“This kidnapping is being done by Donald Trump to force the building of his “Wall.” This heinous deed has outraged the whole world and they are watching.”
Urge Your Senators & Representatives to:
- End the policy of separating and jailing families. Demand that President Trump, DHS Secretary Nielsen and AG Sessions end family separation and detention through social media, letters, appropriations and in Congressional hearings.
- Support efforts to defund family separations in appropriations and decrease funding for Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Customs & Border Protection, and the US Attorney’s Offices within the Department of Justice.
- Urge your Congressional Delegation to cosponsor the following legislation:
- S. 3036-Keep Families Together Act
- R. 2572-Protect Family Values at the Border Act
- R. 5950/S.2937- the HELP- Separated Children Act
- R. 2043/S.2468- Fair Day in Court for Kids Act of 2018
CALL/EMAIL/TEXT THE MEMBERS OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY SUBCOMMITTEE ON BORDER SECURITY AND IMMIGRATION. Ask HOW America is letting this happen and WHAT they are doing to stop it. https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/about/subcommittees/subcommittee-on-border-security-and-immigration
“While the situation is horrifying, the reaction of our community, on short notice, was encouraging. People of all ages turned out with clear outrage and heart felt empathy in their efforts to stop this inhumane practice. Additionally, most of these families are not trying to enter the country illegally, they have come seeking asylum, which compounds the insanity of this practice!”
Watch the video to hear from your friends and neighbors as they describe their reactions and how you can impact the decision making process!
Thank you for this vital information re: contacting Congressmen who might (just might) be able to help revoke a horrible policy that allows splitting up families and cruel practices that damage children. I am proud of our activist coastal community for their protests.
What I learned from yesterday’s Speak to the Street in Fort Bragg— as it organically amoeba-ed into our four-corner public square, as 100 people continued to arrive and arrive at the appointed hour— is that there is no such thing here as “never enough time” to pull a pertinent demonstration together when its time has come . . . The interviews you elicited were exquisite, Marianne. Thank you. . . –beth bosk
What I learned from yesterday’s ‘Speak to the Street’ in Fort Bragg—as it organically amoeba-ed into a four-corner public square, as 100 people continued to arrive and arrive at the appointed hour— is that there is no such thing here as “never enough time” to pull a pertinent demonstration together when its time has come . . . the interviews elicited by Marianne McGee are exquisite. My gratitude to Miranda Ramos, Annie Liner, the Huddle and the Latino Coalition.
Thanks for posting this information.
We’re from the Bay Area and scheduled to be in Fort Bragg this weekend and wondering of there will any local Families Belong Together March for this Saturday to coincide with marches happening across the country?