May 31 2018
Mendocino Coast District Hospital Board of Directors held their monthly meeting May 31, 2018 and the following information was conveyed.
- Apparently Public Comment has apparently reduced to 2 minutes, although the agenda says 3 minutes. Nobody spoke.
- While a MCDH Public Records Request Form was approved, Attorney Ruprecht clarified using it is NOT mandatory.
- Lucas Campos resignation was formally accepted.
- The process for replacement candidates is to submit a letter of interest and resume to MCDH by June 30. MCDH Board Members will hold interviews, in the public, on July 16. The MCDH Board will vote for their favorite Candidate, who will serve until the November 2018 election, when the seat will be filled for the remainder of the term.
- CEO Edwards presented a video exhibiting the Obstetrics (OB) Program with MCDH nursing staff, new parents and Mendocino Coast Clinics (MCC) OB Physician Brent Wright.
- The many Facility Projects appear to be moving forward under the direction of Nancy Schmid.
- Will Lee expressed appreciation to Mendocino Coast Clinics for their recruitment of a new Pediatrician, which will save MCDH a great deal of money in “on call” coverage.
- The Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation funded new Infant Warmers and Inpatient Beds, which are more comfortable, safer and modern.
- The MCDH Planning Committee did not meet this month.
- MCDH continues to operate with a deficient bottom line, now at a negative $3,294,380 year-to date through April 2018.
- CFO Ellis is working on next fiscal year’s budget, which must be approved by June 30, 2018. They are working on fiscal plans which include alternatives that will be impacted by the results of the MCDH Parcel Tax.
- While Bond Covenants are not meeting their rations, CFO Ellis believes a variance will be approved.
Feel free to comment on our website.