Interim CFO hired ,Tentative Labor agreement reached
Mendocino Coast District Hospital (MCDH) held a special meeting today, May 1, 2019. The agenda included:
- Closed Session Items:
- Consideration of Termination of Legal Services Contract with Best, Best & Krieger, Attorneys at Law, dated 9/25/18.
- Public Employment: Interview candidates for Interim Chief Financial Officer of the District.
- Board Meeting with the District’s Labor Union Negotiators.
- Open Session Items
- Report on Closed Session Items:
- Public Records Request
The results of the meeting include:
- Public Records for Board of Directors emails have been officially requested by Chris Calder, Advocate News Reporter and former CEO Bob Edwards and are being processed with redactions.
- Steve Miller was hired as Interim CFO after interviewing 4 candidates. He had previously been the Interim CFO from 12/14 through 9/15 and will replace Mike Ellis (see https://mendocinotv.com/2019/04/14/another-one-bites-the-dust/). This motion passed with a 4-1 vote and McColley voted no, although she later praised all candidates.
- A tentative labor agreement will be presented to employees to vote on as soon as next week, according to HR Director Dan Camp.
- Apparently, it was a productive meeting with the attorneys and continuing to move forward.